Saturday, July 17, 2004

Finally. Did. It.

Finally, I have sent off an evite to as many birthing professionals as I could drum up here in Ventura and outreaches. This evite was to begin the Ventura Birthing & Parenting Circle -- a community of like-minded individuals who will support, refer, back up and assist each other.

They ain't got that here now. And, I'm determined to start, and keep a community going. With the help of a couple of other good women I have met here, the invite has gone out electronically, and will be followed by flyers to those who don't have email. And next month, again. I will not rest until we have coalesced into a living breathing entity of community.

That is phase 1.

Phase 2 is pitching the local rags about how wonderful we are, and how we need a story on us. Or, writing the story myself.

Phase 2.1 is getting the resource web site up and going.

Phase 3 is maintenence, I hope. And getting those stories written about us. Then, fame! Fortune! Name in lights! Er, no. Just some consistent doula work would be nice.

Anyhow, I feel good about it. Wish it luck and prosperity, if you have a moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home