Monday, May 17, 2004

Two Trees. Wrapped in fog.
Breathing in, out. Mist story.
June gloom has returned.


Yep, we are fog enshrouded. It seems the brilliant mornings and days we've been enjoying are on hold until July. No matter, it is a nice breather and is an underscore for me that I live so near to the beach. Need to take advantage of that more...

Reading about the concept of "hopelessness" in Pema Chodran's book (slowly drinking this book in.). Made so much sense to me--the letting go of striving for other than this moment. Is a really interesting way to term it, however. Hopelessness. Will provide some more grist for the ol' millbrain this week as I dive in and see how it applies to my attachments, and how I play out life.

Feeling a bit more focused after last week's scatter-fest. Actually feeling like working--what an odd notion!

Had a doula training last Thursday, "Advanced Labor Doula," to be exact. Was wonderful to be with a tribe of women that are so nurturing and enthusiastic. Got my motor running again. Also, was hired on Saturday by my first postpartum client here. W00t! Will need to drive 32 miles to the gig--but I'm still looking forward to it. To be a working doula again...ahhhh.

Well, mustn't dally. Time to work!

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Getting a grasp on "hopelessness" helped me tremendously in the great blue period of 2003. Go Pema, go Pema!

And go AP! Get that motor runnin' gurlfriend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home