Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Interesting morning here. While walking the dog, I noticed the quality of the air brushing past me. It was...tender. I don't know how else to describe it. It was slightly cool, moist and almost nurturing in its feel. There was a kindness in the breeze, a softness and an embracing. Was nothing but good.

Also, came up with a little homage to one of my favorite parts of Ventura -- Two Trees. They are on the hillside near my home, one of the highest points, and I love watching them, lone partners on the grassy hill. They were part of a navigational point for sailors in the olden days, or something like that. I don't know their full story. I really wish I did.

So, to begin what will prolly be some series, my haiku (or is it senryu?) to my buds. Ar, ar.

Two Trees. Ancient boughs.
Please tell me your history.
California oaks.


Not brill, but heartfelt! They definitely have their own moods, and I'm going to track them.

So the other thing that I noticed this morning was me. (How very navel-gazing, really) I really saw myself, I guess for the first time, in god, yonks. I felt hot. As in, "w00t! hawt!"

Heh. I liked what I saw--the curve of my hips, the narrowness of my waist, the softness of my belly, the wisp of heft in my chest. Objectively, it was pretty damn nice female form to gaze upon. I cannot remember feeling so good about the 'ol soul container in...ever.

I'm so hawt, I might just have to go take care of myself later! LOL.

So, in celebration, I'm wearing a belly-baring tee today--one I love that I've had since I lived in Columbus and worked at CompuSlave. It's got a superhero chick on it: wild red hair, sassy turquoise and grey short jumpsuit and kneehigh grey go-go boots with turquoise stripes. Oh yeah, baby. Her name? Galaxy Girl. Uh-huh. That's what I'm sayin'.

The dog and cat approve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home