Thursday, June 17, 2004

I have acquired a new super power. It is a hyperreal sense of smell.

Although usually a pretty adroit smeller on it's own, with the season's change here the last two weeks (we're definitely in summer mode), my nose has gone into overdrive.

Last week, I was able to detect a honeysuckle bush from over a half a block away! I had a friend walking with me and she said, "there's no honeysuckle," until we came upon it several minutes later. "Woaaah, how'd you do that?" she inquired, shaking in her shoes.

Feel My Super Power!

Please stay tuned, as I am unsure if I will use these powers for the forces of good, or for the forces of evil. It's a dead heat right now.

Of course, this morning, while I was while walking the dog, I could intensely smell dog pee on a particular corner. Walk by it every day, no prob, no smell. Pthhhhh.

Rethinking here: This may indeed be no super power, but my kryptonite. Aargh.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home