Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Not much to report here, other than the overwhelming time suck I've allowed myself playing with this here new stuff on our dear host.

The honey is out of town. I had a girlfriend over for drinks tonight.

You heard right -- a friend!

Nancy is her name, and she's quite lovely in many ways. I'm enjoying getting to know her. She, too, is less than pleased with our environment, and is feeling suffocated. It is good to vent and try to come up with solutions together.

This makes two friends here. Evolving, chatting, exploring each other's lives and natures.

I was resentful about meeting Nancy at first, because my man kept suggesting what I derisively call "play dates." I am not so good with being set up with a friend. "You'd like her," he'd assure me. I'm thinking, "Ahem, I'm old enough to find my *own friends, and if I don't find anybody I connect with, then I'm certainly woman enough to be in my own company."

Not big on the concept of play dates.

But, I acquiesced to a couples dinner, and indeed, she's a cool chica. The boys are so proud of themselves, "See, she *is* cool," they've individually bragged to each of us wimmen; so happy to do something that will make us not so miserable here.

Instinctively, they know they cannot be or provide everything we need. It's now been proven by those smartie scientists. I love that. You can't expect everything from your partner, you gotta have yer wimmens. (And your gay or exceedingly sensitive boy friends.) At least that's the conclusion I came to in the last 10 years.

So nice to be right. *smirk*



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home