Thursday, March 24, 2005

Fred Holbert, Evil Shyster Car-Hauler, Redux

So, I was up in the middle of the night last night, unable to sleep and began to think about what I am going to do about this idiot, lying, no-good shyster.

To update: I left messages on both his cell phones telling him that since he had dropped off the face of the earth, not following through on *any* of his many promises to call and/or show up and take the car over a three-week period, the deal was off. I advised him that he should return my money within one week, money order or bank check, or I'd contact the authorities.

Instead of the check, I received a postcard (Chicago skyline) postmarked in Des Moines, Iowa on March 12. It reads:

"I finally arrived here on Tues 3/8/05 only to find your cancellation message! What a foolish waste of $300! My expenses to this point exceed $400!" Thanks for nothing! Fred"

Of all the freakin' nerve. Would any right-minded citizen give their valuable car to a person such as this?

Ahem. Okay, fuckwad. Let's take a look at the promises (lies) you made:

1. Will send a contract and receipt of payment. Nope.
2. Was supposed to pick up car on Feb. 22. Nope.
3. Was supposed to call, then pick up car on Feb 26 or 27. No call, no pickup
4. Is broken down somewheres (to my in-laws it was Indiana, to me it was Ohio) and Promised to call on March 3. Nope.
5. Gets ahold of in-laws, and promises that he will call March 4, to pick up Sat. March 5, or call on Sat. to pick up on March 6. Absofuckinlutely certain this time. No word. No return of calls. No nothing. For all I know, Fred is dead.

I cancelled the service on March 8, and requested the money back then.

Sooooooo. I need to figure out:

1) if there is any way to get my money back
2) how I can track down his info (he lives in arizona) and possibly take him to small claims court
3) where I should post this story, so that he never gets work on the web again.

My cousin, the cop, basically recommended that I smear him online and do the small claims court thing. Also, I'll contact the Arizone Better Business Bureau to see if I can file a claim there.

Any other suggestions, help, info, experience in this sort of thing would be so very, very appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home