Friday, February 18, 2005

Good things from yesterday and today:

1. Got a package from my mom with a fabu knit vest in the color of flames. Tssss, hawt!

2. Package included delish candy (recipe to follow) that includes cranberries and almonds, so I don't have to feel bad about the chocolate.

3. Ventura Community College accepted one of my proposals to teach -- Newborn Parenting -- so I'll be teaching one session in June and one in August. TEACHING! whew. I'm back, baby, I'm back. Now I hope someone signs up.

4. Caught two early 20-something guys checking out my action in the grocery store this morning. I gotz it, still, it seems. :D

5. Girlyman "Remember Who I Am" CD. On repeat. 'Nuf said.

6. Found out that caffeine, in small amounts, is actually good for women's systems -- so I am back to having one cuppa green or white tea a day. Yay. Right now, in fact.

Ok, tasty recipe (from Oceanside Trader Joe's):

Ting-a-Ling (I did not name this, oy vey)

3 cups Organic Golden Flax Cereal
1 8 oz. package dried cranberries
1 8 oz. package raw almond slices
1 pound plus (17.6 oz) milk or dark chocolate

Break up the pound plus (tm) chocolate into small squares. Put in a large microwaveable bowl and micro at one-minute intervals, stirring after each minute, until melted. Add the cereal, cranberries and almonds to the chocolate. Stir until all the ingredients are well-coated. Spread out onto a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Break up into pieces.

Tastes great alone (this, I can verify) or over ice cream or cheesecake.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kristina said...

Re: #4

Well duh. You SO gots it goin' on, girl. :)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger ~ap said...

yeah, uh-huh! see me sizzle!

*g!*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home