Thursday, February 10, 2005

I'm very excited! My current pending postpartum client, who was due on February 5th, called me this morning to ask some questions about the bloody show she's been having on and off since yesterday and these odd menstrual-type cramps that are happening around her tummy and back. Wheee! We got early labor.

I told her it could be a couple days of this, or she could go tonight. Told her to go to the movies, a nice hike, do the last minute errands so she can feel "ready." They will be setting up the birthing tub today, as they are delivering at home.

Such a cool couple, and I wish them all the ease in the world. They have two fabulous midwives, Mary Shaw and Mary Jackson (who was part of the amazing documentary "What Babies Want."). I am looking forward to meeting them, if given the chance.

So, looks like I'll be working soon, which will be a nice balance to playing house. Am excited!

Have I mentioned my excitement?

East winds are blowing a gale here, bleh. My friend Holly is visiting (stayed the night last night) and N is out of town on business.

Went and saw "Finding Neverland." You should, too.

All the news that is fit to print, right there, right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home